THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 14, 2011

Food Waste Friday, And An Honest Mail Delivery


Check out The Frugal Girl for not only more food waste fridays, but also some awesome advice and really interesting reads.


After skipping last week and posting an emo New Years post, I was a little afraid of my fridge.

I shouldn't have been!
We had a bag of deli ham that we didn't trust and gave to the dog yesterday. Other than that? A jar of bean soup, jars of beef broth (that probably could have been used tonight but I don't trust them), and a lonely 1/2 of a bagel. How the heck did THAT even get in there?

But anyway, a good week!



And now, a story about our mail lady.
We have the same lady every day, except Saturdays, we have a different lady. We've gotten to know each other because if I know I have a package coming, I run out there so she doesn't have to get out of the truck, because we're not exactly right next to the road, know what I mean?

Anyway, today I got the mail and noticed this weird piece of paper. A post-it note. An honest to god post-it note.

Would you be interested in a pygmy goat (buck) and wether goat for $50? If so give me a call XXX-XXXX. I could email pics if you would like.
Your mail carrier

Okay, so an awesome way to communicate.
But what kills me?
She put a freaking stamp on the back and scratched it out with a pen, like they would do with a real letter. And put our address on the back.

Talk about honesty, right? And I know she wrote it on the spot because I watched her scribbling something and figured it was just a "come pick up this letter" note.
But no. It was a post-it, stamped and scratched out, addressed, offering us goats.

(And how do I reply? Put another post-it in there with a stamp that she can scratch out? Hm.)

1 comments:

Björek said...

hahaha that's great. I think it's illegal to put anything in someone's mailbox that isn't post - which is why she did it that way (although, i have a suspicion you knew this already).
How to respond? Call the number she gave you, silly :)