THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An Experiment: 90 Minutes

Whew.

I spent 90% of my day on the couch, drifting from awake to asleep. I don't know if it is because I've been staying up late the last few nights, or maybe because of drinking night before last, or just a mood swing, but my motivation was 0.

Around 3pm, I 'woke' up fairly coherently and realized I had wasted an entire day doing absolutely nothing. Totally disgusted with myself, I decided to do an experiment.

I set the timer for 60 minutes and got to work. I worked hard-core, non-stop, as fast as I could. And I wrote down every single thing I did. Then, when that timer went off, I was still going, and added another 30 minutes.

Here's what I did in 90 minutes:

  • Took out the trash
  • Unloaded the dishwasher
  • Started a load of laundry
  • Started a new load of dishes
  • Hand-washed 4 skillets, 2 bowls, the crockpot, 10 of our best knives that I refuse to dishwash
  • Swept the kitchen
  • Fed the girls spaghetti
  • Scrubbed the stovetop and counters
  • Wiped down the fridge, dishwasher, wall behind the crockpot
  • Cleared the microwave table and scrubbed it
  • Washed the cast iron skillet
  • Picked up the bathroom and swept
  • Cleaned the bathroom counter, sink, toilet
  • Picked up Morri's room (with her help! yay!), vacuumed
  • Switched the laundry, folded the dry load, and put it all away
  • Picked up the dining room (but haven't vacuumed yet)
It's funny because looking at it now, it seems like such a short list, but really, it's a lot. I'm sure anyone who cleans houses, stays with their kids, etc. etc. knows it's really a HUGE amount of stuff.

But! I feel as if I have atoned for my morning of sloth. I feel like overall it has been a productive day, and I am no longer disgusted with myself.

Kudos!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like a short list to me. Looks pretty long! You got a ton done in an hour and it totally makes lounging that much easier. I need to do laundry lol.