THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chickies Overload!!!!

Spring and summer is the time of babies.
Apparently, for us, it's also the time to buy 30 more adults.

But the babies are the best part.

Months ago I ordered some Blue Laced Red Wyandottes - a rare, and beautiful, breed of chickens that took my breath away the first time I saw them.

BlueRedWyan


June 1st I received 14 of these chickies.
100_0923


Unfortunately I didn't get any good pictures of them when they were day-old and fluffy.
100_0927

100_0924


You can already see the beautiful patterns and colors in the wings. We have some really dark ones and some really light ones.



A couple of weeks later, here they are, in all their glory. Now they're housed in the barn and their feathers are almost all filled out.
Photobucket


I can't wait for them to grow up.

Then, a few weeks ago, we hatched some of our own home-layed eggs in the incubator. We had about 28 eggs in there, and only got about 10 chicks, but I was happy with that! They came out nice and wet and weak.
Photobucket


Then a few days later puffed up nicely!
Photobucket


So, that's the chickies so far this year. We have another set of eggs in the incubator set to hatch soon.

0 comments: